When it comes to jewelry, there is a trendy technique that has become increasingly popular in recent years: ring stacking. This hip trend allows you to express your personality and style in a creative way by combining any rings with each other - just as the mood takes you.
In this article, you'll learn everything you need to know about ring stacking, including tips, trends and creative ideas to create your perfect look.
What is ring stacking?
Ring stacking is the jewelry trend where multiple rings are worn on the same finger to create a unique and personal look. You can easily combine your favorite rings to express your personality. Find out everything you need to know about ring stacking here.
How does ring stacking work?
There are no rules for ring stacking, but here are a few tips for the start.
- The right size: Make sure that your rings are available in multiple sizes, so you can stack them comfortably without them being too tight or too loose.
- Mixing of metals: Combine different metals such as gold and silver to achieve a modern and versatile look.
- Combination of styles: Mix different ring styles, from simple, classic band rings to eye-catching statement rings.
- Pay attention to comfort: If you wear a lot of rings, it is important to make sure that they are comfortable and do not cut into your skin.
How many fingers should I stack on?
The decision is entirely up to you. As a general guideline, we recommend either wearing a few rings on several fingers, or several rings on one or two fingers. Both large and small stacks make an eye-catching impression.
Popular ring stacking trends
- Vintage charm: Vintage rings in art deco style or with antique elements are particularly popular at the moment.
- Minimalist stacking: Wearing simple, thin rings in different metals creates an elegant and understated look.
- Colorful stones: Rings with colored cubic zirconia stones are an up-and-coming trend in ring stacking. They brighten up the outfit.
- Multi-layer rings: Layering rings on multiple fingers for a dramatic effect is a bold choice.
You can find the perfect selection for your ring stacking in our rings category.
Creative ideas for ring stacking
- The classic stack: Wear simple, narrow rings in a single color for a timeless look.
- The boho chic stack: Combine playful, ethnic-inspired rings for a casual and boho-inspired look.
- The statement stack: opt for eye-catching, large rings that will turn heads.
- The subtlety stack: Stack rings with intricate patterns and tiny cubic zirconia stones for subtle elegance.
- The asymmetrical stack: Experiment with different ring sizes and styles on different fingers for a creative, asymmetrical look.
Why is ring stacking a trend?
Ring stacking is similar to the trend of wearing several bracelets or bangles on top of each other. It is the perfect way to express your personal style and love of jewelry. Many also use the ring stacking trend to honor certain milestones in life. A wedding ring represents marriage, for example, but there are many other moments worth remembering with a ring. These include anniversaries or the birth of a child, for example - but of course none of this is a must.
Can you stack too many rings?
Yes and no. While it's perfectly fine to stack 10 rings on different rings, wearing them all on one finger is definitely too much. So spread your rings across all fingers so that both sides are balanced.
You can create a balance by wearing rings on an odd number of fingers and stacks of rings of different heights on different fingers.
Ring stacking allows you to give free rein to your creativity and show off your own personal style. Whether you opt for a simple or eye-catching look, ring stacking offers endless possibilities to express your personality and style.
So, give it a try and have fun stacking your rings!
EXTRA HACK - you find a piece at the flea market or a family heirloom but it's not the right size? Ring stacking is the solution! Simply place a matching ring on your finger last and it will hold the rings that are too big in place. No need for expensive resizing at the jeweler. Happy stacking <3